Tesla Gigafactory 3 (a factory currently under construction in Shanghai, China that facilitates the production of battery cells along with Tesla Model 3 and future Tesla Model Y cars, with an initial production rate target of 250,000 electric cars per year) is rumored to start Tesla Model 3 delivery later this month.
According to Tesmanian: The first batch of Made-in-China Model 3 reservation holders received notifications informing them of imminent vehicle deliveries.
According to the announcement, a Tesla delivery specialist will contact Model 3 owners within a week of the notification to confirm the following:
- Requirements for the installation of home chargers and fees
- Vehicle registration info for the reservation holder’s Model 3
- The Model 3’s loan and insurance—if necessary
- The second payment and remaining balance payment
- The delivery location and date
Gigafactory 3 is said to have increased production of the Standard Range Plus Model 3 up to 1,000 units per week. Car carriers have been sighted transporting Midnight Silver, White, and Blue Model 3s to delivery centers throughout China recently, too.